1 Cup chicken stock.
1 Tablespoon soy sauce.
1 Tablespoon cornflour.
1 Tablespoon sherry.
3 Teaspoons sugar.
2 Tablespoons macadamia or olive oil.
½ Cup macadamia nuts.
375g chicken breasts thinly sliced.
1 Green pepper, sliced into thin strips.
1 Onion, sliced into thin strips.
1 Carrot, sliced into thin strips.
¾ Cup frozen peas.
- Mix chicken stock, soy sauce, cornflour, sherry and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon macadamia oil in wok or frying pan and add nuts, stirring until lightly browned.
- Remove nuts from pan. Add another tablespoon of macadamia oil to the pan, stir in chicken and cook until tender.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add green pepper, onion and carrot to oil in pan; stir fry for 3 minutes, add peas; cook a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in sauce, chicken and macadamia nuts; cook a further 2 minutes.
Serve with rice.