125 g butter, chopped
90 g semisweet dark chocolate squares, chopped coarsely
90 g milk chocolate pieces, chopped coarsely
1/2 cup raw brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoon honey
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped coarsely
- Preheat the oven to moderate.
- Grease a deep 19cm-square cake pan, and cover the base with baking paper.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a pan and stir over a low heat until both have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sugar and honey.
- Stir in the lightly beaten eggs.
- Sift the flour.
- Add the sifted flour and the nuts and gently fold into the mixture until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes – or until the brownies are firm.
- Cool the brownies in the pan, and cut into squares when cold.