250 g Plain flour sifted.
2 Tablespoons cocoa.
175 g Castor sugar.
½ Teaspoon baking powder.
3 Eggs lightly beaten.
Grated rind of 1 orange.
150 g roasted raw macadamia nuts roughly chopped.
- Combine flour, cocoa, castor sugar and baking powder and mix well.
- In another bowl combine eggs, orange rind and macadamia nuts and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the egg mixture and stir to form a dough
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide in half.
- Shape halves into logs, place on a greased and floured baking sheet and bake at 200˚C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and when cool cut logs into 5cm thick slices.
- Place slices on baking sheets and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and then store in an air tight container.
Makes approximately 45 biscotti.