Butternut Squash Gratin
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbls minced fresh sage
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced and divided in thirds.
6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and divided in half
6 ounces mozzarella, shredded and divided in thirds
½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together cream, sage, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a layer of squash in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer half the feta and one-third of the mozzarella.
- Add another layer of squash, then the remaining feta and one-third of the mozzarella.
- Layer remaining third of squash.
- Pour cream mixture over the top of the squash.
- Sprinkle macadamia nuts and the remaining mozzarella over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is browned and the squash is tender when pierced with a knife.