Our purpose is to deliver inspirational and innovative industry leadership with the aim of developing sustainable wealth through Macadamia Nuts. We provide
this leadership through broad based research and development, focusing on the commercial and technical fundamentals of Macadamia Nuts and ultimately
the prosperity of our members.
We strive for the sustainable development of the Macadamia Industry in South Africa.
The Board consist of 6 Directors and 2 external Directors. Each Director has its own portfolio.
Chief Executive Officer
Director Research & Development
(Vice Chairperson) Director Finance, Audit & Risk
Lead world class research in support of:
• continuous improvement in production yields, processing and quality
• growing the demand ahead of supply through inter alia the health benefits for consumers as reasons to increase consumption
• continuously gauge market evolution and be agile to industry changes and identify drivers of future change
Establish and improve collaborative government relations in order to:
• facilitate favourable market access
• leverage transformation advantages to SAMAC and beneficiaries
• ensure long term goodwill for the industry amongst legislators
• manage local and export minimum quality standards
• minimise product theft
• respond positively from a single voice to new legislation and have a unified/standardised implementation and response to change
Deliver value for money to growers:
• interpret and make research results available and useful to growers (publish best practices and productivity benchmarking)
• continually improve technology by connecting growers to appropriate sources for technical advice
• represent South Africa on the global Macadamia stage
Develop and implement a formal communications strategy to communicate:
• internally to the industry
• communicate the results and benefits of SAMAC’s achievements on behalf of the industry
Build and maintain a professional and lean organisation to:
• deliver value and quality
• outsource to the best-in-class service providers
• focus on execution excellence for the core fundamentals
SAMAC has 3 sub-committees who meets at regular intervals during the year and report accordingly to the Board.